Donor Finder – developed as part of the Arts Fundraising & Philanthropy programme – aims to make the most of the approach and infrastructure The Audience Agency have created for Audience Finder, linking intelligence about donors and audiences to help organisations understand who has propensity to give (at low level) and under what circumstances.
Across the sector there’s been a paucity of knowledge about the characteristics and behaviours of individuals who give at low level to arts and cultural organisations. Challenges in this area are to do with the quality and quantity of data, how and what is collected and where data sits in the organisation. Even organisations who have member schemes and know a lot them have gaps in their understanding of what else their members do, in particular other memberships held and other causes they donate to.
The insights from this new research address key aspects of member and donor behaviour including retention, frequency and recency of engagement, crossover, churn, ticket yield and motivations for giving. Products combine tailored research and data solutions with expert consultancy to enable organisations to put insight into action.
The Audience Agency can provide data-led evidence and insight, and has developed a range of tools that may be useful for fundraisers including:
- Audience Finder Mapping & Audience Spectrum: any organisation can use the Audience Finder dashboard for free and resources to understand donor potential in their area more accurately, through the user-friendly mapping function and Audience Spectrum resources.
- Audience Finder Survey: many organisations are now asking the “golden giving” questions in their standard survey. Results can be viewed in their Audience Finder Dashboard as part of the free service, or analysed on more depth as part of a fundraising audit.
- Membership Manager: a new tool which sits on your CRM system and automatically identifies and manages prospects using both the organisation’s own data and Audience Finder
- Prospect Screening: a bespoke data analysis service, identifying prospects within a catchment area and providing names, addresses, emails or SMS contacts
- Audit & Prospector: a full analysis of all available data in-organisation, plus Audience Finder “elsewhere data”, plus impact assessment of current schemes and approaches, to inform an individual giving strategy