Sound Connections will run a one-day professional development activity called ‘Get Funding Ready’. This will take place at CM Sounds Headquarters, Brady Arts & Community Centre, Hanbury St, London E1 5HU. The event will be delivered by Sound Connections, in partnership with Musicians’ Union and CM Sounds.
The day will consist of the following activities:
- Presentations from funders who support individual musicians in developing their careers. This will include Arts Council England, PRS for Music Foundation, Help Musicians UK and a leading Trust & Foundation. We will also invite representatives from Pledge Music, a direct to fan music platform, and Crowdfunder. In addition, a colleague from Arts Fundraising & Philanthropy will attend and contribute to the day.
- Three short case study presentations from individual musicians who have been successful in securing funding for their work.
- Practical workshop delivered by Melissa Wong, Grants and Learning Officer, the National Foundation for Youth Music. Melissa will outline the Youth Music Outcomes Framework and illustrate how this can be used to successfully define and develop projects to application stage.
- Funding surgeries will be offered on a rolling basis throughout the day and consist of 20 minute one-to-one sessions where individuals can discuss their projects further with an expert.
- Panel discussion with the main organisations and case study presenters, allowing questions from attendees and advice on how best to secure funding and support for your project.
- Networking opportunities will take place across the day and individuals will be encouraged to meet new people and find out more about the organisations attending.
- Sound Connections staff will actively disseminate key discussion points via Twitter and other social media.
Attendees will leave with a range of practical tools and resources as well as comprehensive contact list across the new network. Learning from the event will also be distributed by a series of articles in partner newsletters, Storify summaries, blogs from participants, and a case study capturing the main outcomes of the event which will be promoted via Sound Connections’ extensive communications channels.