Young People In the Arts is a social network for arts professionals at the outset of their careers that runs a successful monthly programme of talks and professional development opportunities in London. YPIA aims to provide a nurturing environment not only to connect graduates and young professionals, but also to facilitate access to managers and leaders across the Arts.
In January 2016 and in partnership with the Arts Fundraising & Philanthropy Programme and the Institute of Fundraising Cultural Network, Young People In The Arts will organise an event dedicated to young arts fundraisers from different organisations and across different sub-sectors in the arts.
This event will start with a panel discussion composed of an arts leader, a senior fundraiser, and a philanthropist and chaired by a young fundraiser. They will discuss the growing role arts fundraisers play in securing arts organisations’ futures and which skills the new generation of arts leaders and fundraisers has to develop to deliver their organisations’ vision. It will be followed by informal networking drinks for connections to be made. The event will be led and organised by 3 of YPIA’s experienced advisory committee members who’ve already delivered successful events:
- Fanny Guesdon, Development Officer, Monteverdi Choir & Orchestras
- Chris Powell, Development Coordinator, Corporate Partnerships and Capital Campaigns, Sadler’s Wells
- Matthew Ross, Development and Research Manager at University College London
The overall vision is to create a YPIA fundraising sub-group to:
- Connect young arts fundraisers at the earliest stage of their career
- Facilitate access to senior fundraisers & professional bodies