Trainer: Fern Potter
This course aims to dispel the mystique of writing strong applications for funding – whether grants from trusts/foundations or statutory bids.
With practical exercises to improve your writing skills, the course ensures that anyone can produce a strong fundraising application provided that they follow some simple rules, undertake thorough research and are tenacious.
You will be asked to use an actual project as a basis for some of the practical exercises during the day.
By the end of the day, you will have:
- Greater confidence in your writing skills
- The tools for ideas generation and building a case for support
- Greater success in responding to the criteria required by charitable trusts and foundations
- An understanding of a range of research techniques
- Greater knowledge and confidence in budgeting
Who is it for?
This course is for people who are early in their fundraising career or established in another discipline who want to understand more about how to incorporate fundraising skills into their work.
Dates and Venues
The course will run from 11am – 5.30pm. Lunch is included.
|Thursday 7 September 2017||Pinsent Mason 1 room, mac Birmingham|
|Tuesday 31 October 2017||The Corner, Dance City, Newcastle-upon-Tyne|
|Tuesday 28 November 2017||Waterside 2, Watershed, Bristol|
|Thursday 8th February 2018||Chapel Room, LIFT Islington, London|