This course supports participants to get confident in asking donors for funding. It covers how to develop ideas that will interest individuals and will support you to build relationships with donors for the long-term. At a time of emergency across the arts, culture and heritage sector, it can seem harder than ever to articulate the value of your work to new donors, but building those relationships is a great way to diversify your income and generate new reliable streams.
Who is this for?
This course is aimed at those new to the area of fundraising from individuals or for those looking for a refresher in a key aspect of fundraising after the Covid-19 crisis.
You will learn:
• To explore how donors are likely to respond to fundraising approaches and appeals post-Covid-19
• To support the development of a strategy for engaging with donors at low levels through to major gifts
• Some tools and techniques to understand why people give
• How to build donor relationships and ensure effective cultivation and stewardship
• How to evidence the impact of their investment to win future funding
• The importance of a brilliant thank you
• The latest trends in individual giving fundraising
This course covers the following Occupational Standards for Arts Fundraising. Find out more about our Occupational Standards here:
AFNOS 1 – P1, P2, P3, P4, P5, K13, K14, K17
AFNOS 2 – P1, P2, P3, P4, P6, K5, K6, K10, K15, K17
AFNOS 4 – P2, P9, P10, P11, P12, K1