Developed in partnership with Close Brothers and the Clothworkers’ Company
Designed to support Trustees to take the leadership step into Chair roles, this practical course gives participants the confidence to know how to take on this key leadership role within a charity and how to develop effective boards.
Who is this for?
These courses are aimed at those individuals looking to be a Trustee or Chair of an arts, culture or heritage organisation.
You will learn:
- The key skills needed to effectively Chair a charitable organisation
- The legal and financial responsibilities of a Chair
- How to manage the dynamic between Trustees and Staff, getting the best out of your workforce and your board
- How best to network and share learning experiences with other established Trustees
- Exploring the key challenges of being a Chair and how to effectively overcome them
26 March 2020 at Birmingham and Midlands Institute, Birmingham
Michelle is the Programme Director of Arts Fundraising & Philanthropy funded by Arts Council England, which she set up in partnership with the Arts Marketing Association and the University of Leeds in 2013.