This course will be delivered virtually via Zoom in two separate 2.5 hour sessions. The first of these will take place on the 11th March 2021 10-12.30 / the second will take place on the 18th March 2021 2020 10-12.30. Both of these are necessary to complete the full training. If you have any questions about how this day will run virtually please get in touch with Sarah at email@example.com.
This course will support participants to find out about the key responsibilities, financial obligations and fundraising expectations for Trustees. It is a one-stop shop to equip you with everything you need to know before becoming a charity Trustee. The course also supports trained participants to find appropriate roles in arts, culture and heritage organisations via our bespoke and free matching service.
Who is this for?
These courses are aimed at those individuals looking to be a trustee or chair of an arts, culture or heritage organisation. It will cover new legislation and requirements as part of trustee responsibilities due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
You will learn:
• The importance of trustees to the charity sector
• Governance models and strategic planning
• Financial management requirements
• Trustee responsibility for fundraising and income generation
This course covers the following Occupational Standards for Arts Fundraising. Find out more about our Occupational Standards here:
AFNOS 17 – P4, P5, P6, P9, P10, P11, P12, P18, K12, K16, K29, K32, K34
AFNOS 29 – P1, P2, P3, P4, P5, P6, P7, P8, K3, K4
The Trustee Leadership Programme is Approved at the Associate level, allowing you to showcase your commitment to continuing professional development and leadership skills.
Membership of the Insitute of Leadership & Management allows you:
- to develop your own leadership capability through the award winning e-learning platform MyLeadership
- to enhance your reputation and boost your career progression (with the option to use AMInstLM after your name)
- to share and learn from a community of over 30,000 likeminded members
The cost of certification and membership of the Institute of Leadership & Management is £60 + Eventbrite fees. Your membership will last for one year after the completion of the Be a Trustee / Be a Chair Programme.
This cost is in addition to the Be a Trustee ticket price. Please only book an Institute of Leadership & Management registration if you have an upcoming booking for the Be a Trustee Programme.
Standard access information:
- Slides will be made available before the session for you to familiarise yourself with them if you like. We can provide these in the colour combination/font size that is most readable for you, please request this on booking.
- All slides will be read in full as well as being shown on screen. Any pictures or diagrams will be fully described. Videos will be described before and after being played.
- There may be some short tasks which require unprepared writing. There is not any pressure to feedback. The tasks will be included on the slides for you to complete in your own time.
- We may use a virtual whiteboard and encourage participants to write their ideas. The ideas on the virtual whiteboard will be shared verbally with the group.
- At some points you may be asked to contribute in smaller breakout rooms with other participants. At the end of these, one participant may be asked to feedback to the full group.
- We encourage participants to keep their cameras on so that the speaker can engage with the full group. If you would be more comfortable doing so you can keep your camera off.
- There will be one short organised break at approximately half way through the session. You can turn your camera off or take a break at any point outside this.
We are happy to arrange live captioning or anything else that you think might improve your experience and help you get the most out of the training.
Please get in touch with Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 020 7247 1430 to discuss this further.
Concessions are available for Freelancers, Sector Partner Members* and Charities and Arts Organisations with an annual turnover of 500K or less.
*Our current Sector Partners are: Association of British Orchestras, Arts@Leeds, Arts Marketing Association, Contemporary Visual Arts Network, Family Arts Campaign, National Museum Directors Council, One Dance UK, The Audience Agency, UK Theatre.
Helen Jenkins has worked in fundraising for longer than she cares to remember, but is prepared to admit to over 20 years.
In her early career Helen specialised in events for charities, organising overseas challenges and large events. She then worked abroad with VSO, an experience which changed her life.