Is fundraising a dark art? This course acts as an induction into the world of fundraising. Learn how to research, plan and prepare to successfully fundraise.
Who is it for?
Essentials in Fundraising is for people who are early in their fundraising career or those from other careers who want to understand more about how to incorporate fundraising skills into their work. The course is an excellent induction tool for new fundraisers in the arts, culture and heritage.
What will I learn?
- Different fundraising income streams – Trusts and Foundations, corporates, individuals and statutory income.
- The importance of a strong case for support
- Fundraising research resources
- Return on investment ratios and realistic fundraising targets
- Further resources to generate ideas
- The latest trends in fundraising via our specialist national data
Helen Jenkins has worked in fundraising for longer than she cares to remember, but is prepared to admit to over 20 years.
In her early career Helen specialised in events for charities, organising overseas challenges and large events. She then worked abroad with VSO, an experience which changed her life.