This is your induction into the world of arts fundraising. It covers research and planning, key fundraising skills and information about launching successful fundraising campaigns. It’s a one stop fundraising shop: teaching you new skills and sharpening old ones, giving you everything you need to start afresh and come back from the Covid-19 crisis stronger than ever.
Who is this for?
This course is aimed at those new to arts fundraising, those about to launch a big project in a new area, or for those just looking for a refresher in a key aspect of fundraising after the crisis.
You will learn:
• How to generate great fundraising ideas to inform your fundraising strategy
• The importance of an effective Case for Support
• Different kinds of fundraising streams, from Trusts and Foundations, individuals, corporates and statutory income
• How to set realistic fundraising targets
• What you should be spending on fundraising to get a particular return
• How to undertake effective fundraising research
• The latest trends in fundraising
This course covers the following Occupational Standards for Arts Fundraising. Find out more about our Occupational Standards here:
AFNOS 1 – P1, P2, P3, P4, P6, K11,
AFNOS 6 – P1, P4, P8, K4, K5, K9, K15,
AFNOS 8 – K11, K16, K17, K18, K19, K20,
AFNOS 9 – K12, K17, K18, K21
AFNOS 10 – K9, K15, K28
AFNOS 11 – P9, K9, K13, K15, K16
AFNOS 17 – P3, K7, K13, K15, K17, K18,
AFNOS 19 – P3, K11
AFNOS 20 – P2, P10
This course will be delivered virtually via Zoom in two separate 2.5 hour sessions. The first of these will take place on the 18 November 11-13.30 / the second will take place on the 25 November 11-13.30. Attendance at both of these sessions is necessary to complete the full training. If you have any questions about how this day will run virtually please get in touch with Sarah at email@example.com.
Helen Jenkins has worked in fundraising for longer than she cares to remember, but is prepared to admit to over 20 years.
In her early career Helen specialised in events for charities, organising overseas challenges and large events. She then worked abroad with VSO, an experience which changed her life.