This course offers practical guidance about how Trustee boards and staff can best work together to develop and lead a successful fundraising strategy. This practical training helps participants to understand the essential role that Trustees play in fundraising across regulatory and strategic perspectives.
The Charity Commission’s Taken on Trust report published at the end of 2017 highlights that 35% of all Trustees recognise that fundraising skills at board level are either moderate, few or severely lacking.
Additionally, recent legislation creates additional reporting responsibilities regarding the oversight of fundraising on Trustees and this course represents an opportunity to fully understand how to govern this essential function successfully.
Who is it for?
This seminar is aimed at Trustees and members of Staff teams to attend together.
What will I learn?
- An overview of the essential role that Trustees fulfil in fundraising
- An understanding of how Trustees and staff can best work together to develop funding opportunities
- The ways in which Trustees can support their organisation’s cause
- The legal and regulatory obligations and the importance of transparency and accountability
- An understanding of trends in public and media perceptions of charities and their fundraising