Arts organisations are often well suited to both Major Gift and Legacy fundraising, having a strong creative offer and loyal audiences. However, they often lack the skills and confidence needed to identify their best prospects, to understand what motivates them or to build long-term relationships. This practical course will support participants to grow their own relationships with major donors and to look at ways in which Legacy programmes can be embedded into fundraising programmes.
Who is it for?
The Major Donors and Legacy Giving course is for people who want to make a step change in their income from major donor and legacy sources. The course assumes participants will already have a good understanding of fundraising for arts, cultural and heritage organisations.
What will I learn?
- How to identify major donor prospects and where best to focus limited resources
- How to develop realistic and manageable cultivation plans for major donors
- The skills to confidently build relationships and rapport with major donors
- How to define an attractive legacy proposition
- The skills to manage relationships with legacy prospects