West Cheshire Museums is a diverse group of museums which includes a working watermill and a restored salt production site. Their collections cover a huge slice of Cheshire’s history and tell the stories of the area’s people and places, from prehistoric times to the present day. The image above is of Stretton Watermill - one of several sites in their care.
Their vision is to inspire the community and visitors to discover, explore and enjoy West Cheshire’s rich heritage, culture and history. They provide a fun, engaging and memorable visitor experience through the conservation and interpretation of the collections and buildings in their care.
- Striving to increase access.
- Partnership working.
- High quality and standards in all that they do.
- Innovation, creativity and outreach.
- Engaging and inspiring.
- Learning and collections at the heart of the service.
- Recognising, valuing and utilising expertise.
- Great customer service.
- Promoting and celebrating what is unique and special about each site.